White Pumpkin pachadi is one of my favorites that my Mom (Amba) makes. She makes this during festivals or Ammavasai (New Moon) pooja. It is also served in wedding during the lunch meal.
- White Pumpkin - 100 grams [ Peel the skin ]
- Onion (Sliced)- 1/4
- Green Chili - 4
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/8 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/8 tsp
- Chana Dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Urad Dhal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 4 or 5 leaves
- In a pan, heat Oil.
- Add the seasoning ingredients one by one. Ensure that the dhal doesn't get too dark.
- Add onion and fry for few seconds.
- Add slit green chili's and fry.
- Add pumpkin (You can cut it as you wish) and fry it for 30-40 seconds.
- When the color of pumpkin changes, add water, salt and let it cook until the water evaporates completely.
- Remove from flame.
- Let if cool for a while and then add curd and mix it well. You can add 1 or 2 tbsp of water if the mix is too thick. (Do not pour curd when the mixture is hot.)
Garnish: Coriander leaves
Serving Suggestion: Great accompaniment with Rice/Rotis. It tastes great with Sambhar with Rice or Rasam with Rice.