My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.foodfor7stagesoflife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Berries 'O' Mania (Fruit Salad)

Berries are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. If you are dieting you can include them in your menu as they are usually low in carbs, fats and calories. Berries family include strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry and cranberry. It helps us to prevent cancer and heart disease. For those who are conscious about their aging, here is the good news it slows down the aging process. Wow isn't it interesting. Berries are used in cakes, short breads, jam, muffins, smoothies etc., But how many of you like to eat fresh berries? I love it, but my hubby doesn't. For his sake I had to invent this recipe. This is a simple and healthy recipe and you can choose any fruits of your choice. I used strawberries as my main ingredient, dry fruits/nuts, honey and condensed milk for a rich taste. If you are calorie conscious reduce the quantity of condensed milk. But I am sure you won't do this as condensed milk gives you an awesome flavour & taste to your salad. Here we go with the new innovation from my kitchen :-)) Ingredients
  • Strawberry - 1 box
  • Dried Cranberry - 1 tbsp
  • Raisins - 1 tbsp
  • Crushed Badam - 1 tbsp
  • Condensed Milk (cold) - 1 tbsp
  • Honey - 1 tbsp
  • Ice cream - 1/2 scoop [Optional]

Method

  • Wash the strawberries and cut it into 4 parts.
  • In a bowl add strawberry, dried cranberry, raisins
  • Add the condensed milk and honey. Mix it well.
  • Add the crushed badam and serve.
  • You can add 1/2 scoop of ice cream to make it more appealing for kids. I have not added it in my preparation though.