I should say that this is RV style Chicken fry which means that this is my own recipe. I was just thinking how it would taste if I take a piece of boneless chicken dip it in egg and fry it on a tawa. Then I thought I wouldn't like it unless it is spicy. Ok then I should marinate the chicken with spices fry it so that it cooks well from inside and then coat it with egg and fry again. This sounded good to me. Again something was missing thought why not saute some onions and bell pepper and mix the fried chicken with it and add some sauces... aah.. now I think you are good to read this recipe. Hope you find it interesting and lip smacking.
- Boneless Chicken - 100 gms (8-10 small pieces)
- Capscicum (Green, Yellow) - 1/4 cup diced
- Onion - 1/2 diced
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp
- Barbeque Sauce - 2 - 3 tsp
- Soya Sauce - 2 tsp
- Egg - 1
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Chili Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - pinch
- Coriander leaves - few sprigs
- Green Chili - 2
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly. Soak it in turmeric/Salt water, this will cleanse the chicken.
- In a bowl, add chicken, 1/2 tsp of chili powder, salt, turmeric. Mix it well, put it in the freezer and marinate it overnight or couple of hours. I marinated it overnight.
- Next day or couple of hours later : In a kadai, add 1/2 tbsp of oil and fry the chicken until its cooked well. The texture of chicken changes and you can see few dark spots when its cooked. Keep aside.
- Now in a small cup add egg, salt, 1/8 tsp of chili powder, 1/8 tsp of pepper poweder. Beat it well.
- In a kadai, add 1 1/2 tbsp of oil, Soak the chicken in the egg mix and fry it or alternatively add the fried chicken and pour 2 tbsp of egg mix on top of it and fry until the egg is cooked. Keep it aside.
- In the same kadai, add 1 tbsp of oil when it is hot add cumin seeds, wait for few seconds and then add onion and saute. Then add 2 green chili, capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes. You should see some dark spots of capscicum. Add salt. ( for the vegies only).
- Now add the fried chicken, barbeque sauce, tomato ketchup and soya sauce. Mix it well. We can add some chili powder if we want it more spicy. Fry it for couple of minutes until the sauce blends well with chicken and the vegies. Remove it from flame.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and squeeze some lime juice (around 1 tsp) before serving. Serve it hot.
Trust me the random style recipe came out really well and my hubby dear said some more please..:-)