Today I thought I should post a recipe on Brinjal (eggplant), the king of vegetables. I think brinjal is one of the few vegetables that is liked by most of them. Even GOD might love this vegetable.
I just love them in any form. I learnt this recipe from one of my friend, I liked it so much because it tastes like biriyani and it is so easy and fast to cook.
- Brinjal - 4 (Sliced)
- Basmati Rice (90% Cooked) - 2 cups
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
- Onion (size:small) - 1 (Sliced)
- Tomato (size:small) - 1 (chopped)
- Curry leaves - 2 or 3
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder - 1 tsp (can make it 1 1/2 tsp if you like it spicy)
- Turmeric Powder - pinch
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Add Oil, Ginger Garlic paste. Fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Add Garam Masala. Fry it for a 20 seconds.
- Add Onions, Curry leaves and fry it until the color changes.
- Add Turmeric powder and blend it nicely with the onions.
- Add Chili Powder and Salt. Mix it with the onions.
- Now add tomato and saute until its blanched.
- Add sliced brinjal.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water if the mixture sticks to the pan (optional)
- Let the brinjal cook until it becomes soft and mushy.
- On a low flame, add the boiled rice and mix it well.
- Remove from flame.
Garnish : Add coriander leaves, fried onions.
Serving Suggestion : Serve it hot with Raitha.