- Maida - 1 cup
- Banana - 1 (big one)
- Jaggery (powdered) - 3/4 cup
- Cardamon Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Egg - 1 [Optional, I have not used it in this preparation]
- Water - 1 3/4 cup
- Salt - pinch [ I did not add]
- Pour water in a kadai and bring it to boil.
- Add jaggery and let it dissolve. Boil for 3-4 minutes. (I added jaggery in parts and tasted it to ensure that sweetness is according to our taste. You can add or reduce jaggery as desired.)
- In a bowl, mix maida, cardamon powder. Crush the banana and mix it with the flour.
- Filter the Jaggery water and pour in to the mix. Usually jaggery contains stones/soil, straining will help to remove them.
- Mix it well to the Dosa Batter consistency. There might be small remains of banana. Let it remain, as it gives a great taste when cooked.
- Heat the tawa or dosa kal(Tamil). Take a laddle (karandi) full of batter and pour in the center of the tawa. Spread it in a circular motion using the laddle. This will help you to make dosa in the form of circle.
- Add few drops of ghee along the sides and spread it all over the dosa. (you can use cooking oil instead)
- Leave it for 30-45 seconds minimum so that underneath of dosa cooks well and then flip it. Pay attention while flipping it. Allow it to cook well before you remove it from the tawa.
- Serve it hot.
I would like to send this to "Satisfy your sweet tooth" Blog event hosted by Sudeshna.