My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.foodfor7stagesoflife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Panchakhadya

This recipe has been shared by Mints for ICC.



Ingredients
  • 1 cup grated dry coconut
  • 4-5 tbsp powdered sugar
  • 2 tbsp poppy seeds / Khus Khus
  • 4-5 dried dates (Maharashtrians call it kharik)
  • 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
  • 4-5 tbsp coarsely powdered mixed nuts (almonds,cashews, pistachios)
  • pinch of nutmeg powder

Method
  • Dry roast grated coconut on a very light heat and set aside
  • Dry roast poppy seeds and grind them coarsely after cooling them for 5 minutes
  • Take the seeds off the dried dates and grind them coarsely as well.
  • Mix all these ingredients and nuts powder, cardamom, nutmeg, powdered sugar together and offer to Ganesha as prasad
Changes made by me:
Since I didn't have cashews & pistachios I have added some dried cranberry and almonds
I have not added nutmeg powder.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful pic.

Indian Khana said...

Interesting ....should try..nice click

Unknown said...

Lovely festive dish!looks too good..

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Hi Radhika,
I am sorry dear, i missed few of your posts, i was held up with my work. Your new template looks great and professional. Very nice recipe and great click!

Post a Comment

Thanks a million! It feels so good to see your comments in my Inbox :) Please feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions in your mind. I will respond to you as soon as possible, if I don't then please be assured that I will still respond to you but it might take a couple of days more :)